There are two components to LogMeister products:
- The application front end which is used for configuration purposes and for log viewing and analysis.
- The service component that runs in the background and monitors your network's logs even when no one is logged onto the host computer.
Log Data is processed as follows:
- Data is retrieved from logs on the host machine and any networked computer either in real-time or according to schedule.
- Apply filters to eliminate noise events and ensure that only items of interest are presented.
- Define notification criteria to ensure that you are alerted and/or specific action is taken should a specific items (or entry patterns) appear in logs.
- Data is held in LogMeister's internal store for viewing and analysis. Merge data from disparate logs for time-line analysis, apply filters, sort, create multiple snapshots of data and perform side-by-side analysis. You can generate a report (predefined or custom) for any given view of data.
- Generate reports and export data in a variety of formats (including custom formats) and ODBC (MySQL and SQL Server). This can be on demand, according to schedule or when internal stores reach a given size.
No Agents Required on Monitored PC's
As LogMeister is a centralized monitoring solution there is no need to install agents on monitored PC's and servers. This results in:
- Reduced maintenance (a single installation to maintain).
- Reduced license fees (monitor as many servers and logs as you like without the need to purchase additional licenses).
- Improved security (no remote agents that can be tampered with).