Frequently Asked Questions
Upgrading to version 5 and moving to a new computer at the same time
If you wish to transfer LogMeister to a new PC and upgrade from v4 (for example) to v5 at the same time, we suggest you follow this step-by-step procedure:
- On the old PC, use File -> Explore Data Folder from within LogMeister/EventMeister. Having done that, quit the front-end app and stop the service.
- Install LogMeister/EventMeister version 5 on the new machine. During installation you can either take the default data folder location, or set a new one.
- Run the front-end app on the new machine, and use File -> Explore Data Folder from within LogMeister/EventMeister. Having done that, quit the front-end app and stop the service.
- Copy the contents of the data folder from the old machine (already opened by step#1) to the data folder on the new machine (opened in the previous step).
- Restart the service on the new machine, and run the front end app. Your feeds should all be present, however they will initially be empty. Use File -> Import Data From Previous Versions to bring in the existing data from the v4 files.
- If you use email notifications, be sure to set up the correct SMTP details on the new machine.
Last Updated 3 years ago
- Technical Questions