LogMeister Release History
|LogMeister v220.127.116.11||1st June 2017||
- Increased control over formatting of event "Data" field, including named values.
- Added template system to custom eventlog views
- Can now define exclusion script for noise elimination in custom eventlog views
- Filters now can be set to include or exclude items according to their defined rules
- Note: This release changes the file format for feeds. Please back up your data directory before updating.
|LogMeister v18.104.22.168||7th April 2017||
- RECOMMENDED UPDATE
- Fixed problem with bookmarking for event logs that have recently rolled over.
- Added Administrative Events custom log definition for Server 2016
|LogMeister v22.214.171.124||16th March 2017||
- Improved active directory search in eventlog feed wizard
- Extended use of bookmarks to catch eventlog entries even during extended downtime.
- Real-time event feeds using Windows Event Collection technology (WEC) can now start populated with old events.
- Updated Help and UI to reference WEC explicitly.
|LogMeister v126.96.36.199||1st March 2017||
- Added: Text log parser now has option to retain linebreaks.
- Path validation for report definitions now more strict
- Tweaks to text-based report generation to improve efficiency.
- Help file updated
|LogMeister v188.8.131.52||5th Feb 2017||
- Added: Email component upgraded; now supports STARTTLS, OpenSSL no longer used.
- Fixed: Notification email page now warns if blank message will result.
- Installer updated.
|LogMeister v184.108.40.206||4th Nov 2016||- RECOMMENDED UPDATE
- Fixed: Major increase in performance for handling of syslog messages when multiple syslog feeds are in use.
- Fixed: Added: Can now toggle selected rules in filters, notifications etc. via space bar
- Installer updated
|LogMeister v220.127.116.11||18th April 2016||- RECOMMENDED UPDATE
- Fixed: Reports could intermittently appear empty if "Exclude previously exported items" option was used
- Fixed: Occasional redraw problem when restoring main window from taskbar
- Fixed: Switching from multiple to single line option in text log wizard was not retained
- Fixed: Installer now includes current version of Help file
|LogMeister v18.104.22.168||28th March 2016||- Added: Collection of syslog messages via UDP, TCP and TCP + TLS (IPv4)
- Added: Forwarding of any log entry as a syslog message to an external syslog server (IPv4)
- Added: Multiple reports per feed
- Added: ODBC export option for reports (MS SQL and MySQL currently supported)
- Added: New "ID matches" rule for easily including/excluding a list of event IDs
- Added: User-definable presets for filtering / notification rul construction
- Added: Redesigned "Copy Properties To" facility for rapid multi-feed editing.
- Added: UI for changing location of the data folder
- Added: Support for running front-end app and service under different accounts, subject to location of the data folder.
- Added: Internal log more readily accessible
- FIXED: Better handling of UTF-8 chars in Windows event logs
|LogMeister v4.4||4th Aug 2015||- Added: Additional pages added to Help file.
- Added: Front end now has optional version check to advise of newer versions
- FIXED: Handling of domain login credentials for remote machines using Windows Event Log tech has been improved.
- FIXED: Notification rules using array-based values in data field of eventlog events now extract all the data without truncation.
- FIXED: Display bug on edit constraints dialog now corrected.
|LogMeister v4.3.4||29th April 2015||- FIXED: A recent bug introduced into LogMeisters own internal log handling has been eliminated. In some cases this could have caused the service to crash.|
|LogMeister v4.3.3||16th March 2015||- FIXED: Build-up of temporary files and associated delay in realtime event gathering in certain conditions now fixed in both service and front-end app.|
|LogMeister v4.3.2||21st March 2014||- FIXED: Critical event log entries in the right hand pane now use an appropriate icon.|
|LogMeister v4.3.1||25th Feb 2014||- FIXED: Scrolling an aggregate view that is sorted
by source feed could result in a crash.
- FIXED: The "Find" function could fail to locate matching items in the aggregate view.
|LogMeister v4.3||3rd Dec 2013||- NEW: Can now define custom views for eventlogs similar
to the "custom
views" facility in Windows EventViewer on Vista and later, but with
the advantage that these views can be used even on older operating
systems such as Server 2003.
- CHANGED: Option to limit notifications to "X in Y Minutes" is now applied on a per-feed basis.
- FIXED: In some cases a realtime connection to a remote server could become unresponsive without being detected as such. This has now been rectified.
|LogMeister v4.2.1||15th June 2013||- FIXED: A recent change could result in a fatal UI problem when running the front end on 2003 server and Windows XP. This has been corrected. The service was unaffected.|
|LogMeister v4.2||16th May 2013|| - ADDED: test action in notification wizard now grabs most
recent record to use as test data.
- ADDED: Uses additional network enumeration to catch more machines
- FIXED: Corrected error in view filter logic.
|LogMeister v4.1||27th July 2012||- Added menu option to immediately suppress popup and/or email
- Added limit count to further control frequency of notifications
- Extended text log parser to cope with a greater variety of multi-line log entries
- Revised the Help file
- Fix: Occasionally certain scrolling operations on text logs could cause a crash.
- Fix: Initial poll now processes all available items even if store capacity is limited.
- Fix: Filter parsing previously stopped at the first disabled rule.
- Assorted minor interface tweaks
|LogMeister v4||23rd April 2012|| - Collected data is now held
in SQLite databases. A range of mature 3rd party tools exist
for reading and presenting data from SQLite, thus presenting
more opportunities for data extraction, reporting etc.
- Improved event log parsing. Now makes use of latest technology (where available) to obtain event log data and can read newer event log types such as those for the Task Scheduler, Firewall etc.
- Date/Time restrictions can now be applied to notifications, constraining notification firing to certain days, timeslots within a day etc.
- Notifications trigger rules now include sequences, e.g. a notifcation can be set to fire only if an event matches certain criteria and was preceded by other specific events.
- Filters can now be applied to scheduled reports
- New report option: export to SQLite database
- Rules for filters can now be copied/pasted to/from clipboard and saved/loaded to/from file.
- Handling of timezone and DST adjustments improved.
- Ability to hold data in non-standard locations has been improved.
- Numerous usability and presentation improvements.
|LogMeister v3.0.9||22nd December 2010||- Increased sample of file in text log wizard to cope with
files with many header lines.
- Password no longer shown in feed list export
- "Poll Now" now available when group is selected, to trigger poll of all contained feeds
|LogMeister v3.0.8||1st Oct 2010||- Updated email component. Can now send mail via a wider selection of servers and use SSL.|
|LogMeister v22.214.171.124||18th August 2010||- Fixed rare crash when editing feed properties via double-click|
|LogMeister v3.0.7||9th March 2010||- Fixed timezone-related bug that afftected notifications in certain circumstances
- Fixed taskbar popup notification position on Windows 7
|LogMeister v3.0.6||10th Nov 2009||- Added new Date/Time tab to Event feed properties. This provides manual control over DST and timezone correction where needed (to counter bugs in recent MS patches for Vista/Svr 2008) - Corrected csv bug in "Export to file". - Corrected licensing bug on PCs with registry issues. - Corrected bug in date/time text parsing for 12hr clock|
|LogMeister v3.0.4||20th July 2009||- The DST workaround, formerly for US systems running with Microsoft's DST patch, has now been extended to work on UK (GMT) systems. This is to counter incorrect timestamps returned by WMI on systems running Vista / Server 2008 after the installation of Service Pack 2. If your system is affected, choose DST Correction from the Configure menu.|
|LogMeister v3.0.3||3rd July 2009||- Automatic expansion of system error code placeholders
in event log entries is no longer applied if the event message
appears to contain a URL.
- Microsoft changed the ordering of events returned by WMI in Vista and Server 2008 with service pack 2 to bring it back in line with all its earlier versions of Windows. To provide support for unpatched systems, you can now tell LogMeister whether to correct the ordering of events as returned by WMI (see the "Reverse Order" checkbox on the Event Log property page of event feeds)
- As this release changes the format of the feed data files, we recommend that you back up your existing feeds prior to installation. See the Help section on Backing up and transfering settings.
|LogMeister v3.0.2||18th March 2009||- Added DST Correction option as a workaround for a bug in Event Log timestamps introduced by the Microsoft Daylight Saving Time patch on US/Canadian systems. - Updated installer. It now takes the following new command line parameters: /SVCACCT="YourAccount" and /SVCPWD="YourPassword" e.g. for a silent install you might use: C:\logmXXXX.exe /SILENT /SVCPWD="zebra" /SVCACCT="ADMIN"|
|LogMeister v3.0.1||28th April 2008||- Added option to Text Log Wizard to deal with
logs that are rewritten periodically to limit their size. This
can be set on existing feeds by right-clicking on the feed
and choosing "Wizard..." from the resulting popup menu.
- Raised cap on notification sensitivity from 10 to 70
- Updated installer (some improvements for Vista)
|LogMeister v3.0||14th Jan 2008||- Custom reports / Custom Outputting and Archiving
- Option to Run script, batch file or executable when scheduled report or data archive is generated.
- Bulk event feed creation from an external file
- New XML Feed Type
- Text logs - option for close to real time updates as well as regular polls
- Action notifications improved - now has Run As... to launch command under specific account
- Field substitution in action notifications
- Improved aggregate definition user interface
- Hierarchical display and navigation of feed groupings
|LogMeister v2.6.3||9th Oct 2007||- Fix: text log parser no longer breaks very long lines when reading unicode files.|
|LogMeister v2.6.2||19th April 2007||- Added ability to change the text that is used
to assign icons to event types.
- Improved compatibility with hardware DEP on Vista.
|LogMeister v2.6.1||20th Feb 2007||- Changes to ensure correct icon used for German
event log entries.
- Compatibility fix for certain CA products.
|LogMeister v2.6||1st Dec 2006||- Vista compatibility. Please see the Troubleshooting
section in the help for additional configuration steps if you
are attempting to retrieve event log data from a remote Vista
PC (i.e. a PC other othan the one running LogMeister).
- "Catch events as they arrive" is now the default event log retrieval method. In most cases it has the least cpu and network load.
- Added new filter rule, allowing construction of notifications and filters that require a date/time to be within the last X hours or days.
|LogMeister v2.5.5||20th Sept 2006||NOTE: This release changes the format of the
Notifications.dat file. We recommend that existing users take
a backup of that file prior to upgrading. For more information
on taking backups, please see the Help.
- Notifications can now fire when new items
have not been seen within a certain time period, e.g. if
a service indicates a healthy state by issuing regular
information events, you can now be alerted when such events
have ceased to appear.
- Fix: Prevented rapid-fire poll failure notfications for event log feeds using "catch events as they arrive" method
- Changes to help ensure correct app/svc synchronization at registration time
|LogMeister v2.5.1||12th August 2006||- Added ability to insert placeholders for feed name, computer name etc. directly into the subject line of emailed notifications. The placeholders are replaced with the appropriate value when the email is sent|
|LogMeister v2.5||29th June 2006||- Added ability to set notification assignments
while creating new feeds and editing exiting feeds
- Can now force all displays and reports to use 24hr format (Configure menu)
|LogMeister v126.96.36.199||2nd May 2006||Fix: Changes to ensure that the service's copy of the aggregate feed definition is always up-to-date.|
|LogMeister v188.8.131.52||12th April 2006||
- Major changes to make filtering and notification
rules more powerful and flexible
- Improvements made to reduce memory usage when handling logs that receive new items very frequently NOTE: This version changes the format for feed definitions. Please take a backup of your existing definitions prior to installing this update - instructions on how to do this are in the Help - see the section entitled "Backing up and Transferring Settings".
|LogMeister v184.108.40.206||13th January 2006||- Improved date store file handling
- Improved interface for aggregate feed creation. It's now possible to select multiple feeds to populate the aggregate definition more quickly.
- Assorted UI improvements
|LogMeister v220.127.116.11||31st October 2005||- Added facility for quickly copying settings
from one feed to many others
- Now preserves German "umlaut" and other language-specific characters
|LogMeister v18.104.22.168||20th September2005||- Added automated report generation for feeds.
This is available only for licensed copies of the application.
As this release changes the format of feed definitions, we
recommend backing up your existing feeds prior to installing
this update. Please see the section titled "Backing up
and Transferring Settings" in the Help for more details.
- Improved automated feed compaction
- Improved scrolling behavior in filter dialogs .
|LogMeister v22.214.171.124||3rd Aug 2005||- Improved text parsing efficiency
- Improved handling of certain irregular text logs
- Tray icon now automatically re-instates itself if Explorer is restarted.
|LogMeister v126.96.36.199||28th May 2005||- Added the ability to re-edit
existing text feeds and change column
- Added support for non-standard characters in Event log connection
- Improved validation for regular expressions.
|LogMeister v188.8.131.52||30th April 2005||- Added new dialog for viewing
all fields of a single item, similar to
Event Viewer's properties dialog.
- Added presentation of login credentials for notifications that write
to network shares/drives
- Added the ability to store the data folder in custom location - see
section of the Help titled "Backing Up & Transferring Settings" for details
- Improved handling of damaged data stores
- Reduced cpu utilization in front-end app for "catch events as they
|LogMeister v184.108.40.206||31st March 2005||- User-defined grouping of feeds,
with group enable/disable.
- Logs produced by notifications can be emailed automatically according
to user-defined schedule. XML logs can be converted to HTML report
format if required.
- XML type added for logs produced by notifications
- Duplicate facility for Notifications
- Full control over the text in email notifications (better for those
using an email-to-SMS service)
- Ability to easily transfer view settings (column selection, width
ordering and filtering) to multiple compatible feeds.
- Ability to view current settings for Windows Firewall and enable the
firewall and logging from within LogMeister
- LogMeister now retrieves the additional column in the Windows Firewall
logs that shows transmissions from local applications that have been
- Improvements to handling of illegal characters in text logs
- File spec for text logs can now be edited from feed properties
|LogMeister v220.127.116.11||7th March 2005||- Fixed non-scrolling event
log selection tree.
- List control displaying available computers now holds its current
scroll position during network enumeration
|LogMeister v18.104.22.168||16th February 2005||- Installer now accepts domain
accounts, as long as they're members of the local Administrators
- If the front-end application is launched under a different account from the service, a warning message will be displayed.
- Event Log Feed wizard now allows multiple feeds to be created in a single pass.
- WMI connection settings adjusted to improve compatiblity with domains containing XP/2003 computers.
|LogMeister v22.214.171.124||24th January 2005||-Option to run as a service.
-Support for UNICODE in text logs.
-Configuration options for optimisting LogMeister for various server conditions (Previously optimised for servers with small to medium sized Event logs)
|LogMeister v126.96.36.199||28th November 2004||-Fix to ensure that icons are
retained when installation is moved to different PC or a
different account on the same PC: -Adaptive timeout in Event
Log Wizard when determining available logs;
- Added minimize to / restore from tray animation
|LogMeister v188.8.131.52||19th October 2004||- Self-tuning timeout used to
prevent intermittent poll failure on slow PCs/large event
- Status bar feedback improved.
- Installer includes latest version of gdiplus.dll from Microsoft to counter jpeg vulnerability (Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-028)
|LogMeister v184.108.40.206||23rd August 2004||- Some changes made to WMI connection parameters to work around problems reading event logs on some Win 2000 server installations|
|LogMeister v220.127.116.11||11rh August 2004||- Minor Bug Fix Release|
|LogMeister v18.104.22.168||5th July 2004||- First Public Release|